Back in August when we launched our beta on lakewoodspeaks.org, under the hood the software was a brand new web application–all shiny and new. But the aesthetic of the site, everything that the public sees, was still the design from our summer prototype. It was functional, but a bit antiquated. We’re excited to share that we’ve completed and launched a new look!
The new look follows modern design patterns and presents a professional interface focused on usability and functionality, including:
- Minimal design that is bold and simple, making the site easy to navigate and find the content that is relevant to them.
- Responsively designed to present equally well on mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computer.
- Clean and bold typography with plenty of spacing, effective visual hierarchy, limited font colors, etc.
- A brand new large “hero image” and headline for the homepage where citizens will start their journey when they are coming from the city’s direct mail campaigns.
- Big buttons that stand out and are easy to find.
- Simplified iconography to improve first time visits.
We’re excited to see how the new look helps increase the ability for citizens to participate in public hearings!